Since Windows 10 v1809, with the dark themed Explorer, use the following color settings:
- Enable the add-ons in Internet Explorer
- then in Windows Explorer: click on the View tab, open the Options menu and choose the QT Command Bar
- click on the gear (opens QTTabBar options window)
- background & border colors: Red: 73 - Green: 75 - Blue: 73
- text color: Red: 235 - Green: 235 - Blue: 235
Then set the following options
- Compatible Folder View > General tab
- check the "Compatible list view style" option
- check the "Selected column bg color in Details" option and choose color… (first column in Explorer Details view)
- Toolbar tab: Toolbar background color choose color…
- Folder View tab:
- Base background color Active & Inactive
- Base text color Active & Inactive
- Border color of View Active & Inactive
- Navigation Pane tab: Back & Text color choose color…
Afterwards, you can uncheck the QT Command Bar from the Options menu, but make sure the QT Base Toolbar
remains selected, otherwise your custom colors won't appear.
31/03/2016: I wasn't able to choose QT Command Bar or QTTabBar
from the options menu in Explorer.
: I had disabled all add-ons in Internet Explorer
. Re-enabling them solved the issue.