TinyMCE search and replace in IE11+
I know, Internet Explorer isn't a fancy browser anymore, and in the end, will disappear², but in case you love it, here's a way to get FOSWIKI's TinyMCE search and replace work again in IE 11.
The default TinyMCE in Foswiki (from which version on?) 2.1.6 is 3.5.11
When you use Search and Replace in the TinyMCE editor, this is not possible in IE11+. You get the following message:
This feature is not available in IE 11+. Upgrade TinyMCE to 4.x to get this functionality back.
I tried the testing version from FOSWIKI (https://foswiki.org/Extensions/Testing/TinyMCEPlugin
). However, this didn't work out well, since I wasn't able to save topics anymore (Do you want to leave this page…).
However, there is a solution:
² "Windows 10 will be mainstream supported until October 13, 2020, and the end of extended support is October 14, 2025, you’ve likely got until 2025 before they’ll stop supporting IE 11, even though they’d prefer you to use Edge." Source: https://www.quora.com/When-will-Microsoft-stop-supporting-IE-11-I-cant-find-anything-via-Google
- go to https://www.tinymce.com/download/older-releases/
- download (het Prod version of) 3.5.12
- Unpack the downloaded zip
- go to ~/wiki/pub/System/TinyMCEPlugin/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins on your web server and rename the searchreplace folder there in searchreplace3.5.11
- copy the searchreplace folder from the unpacked ~\tinymce_3.5.12\tinymce\jscripts\tiny_mce\plugins to your web server (see location above)
- make sure the right owner and group are set recursively
- clear the local cache of your Internet Explorer (Ctrl + Shift + Delete)
- edit an arbitrary FOSWIKI topic and try to search / replace some text using the TinyMCE editor